Prepare: Medical Biller
Medical Biller Courses
How can I access this resource?
A limited number of Coursera enrollments are available for New Yorkers who qualify.
Coursera courses are provided through the NYS Department of Labor and are available at no-cost to unemployed and dislocated workers impacted by COVID-19.
A “dislocated worker” is someone who lost their job due to one of the following situations:
- You were terminated or laid off from your job, are eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits, and are identified by us as unlikely to return to your previous industry or occupation.
- You lost your job as a result of a plant closing or substantial layoff.
- You have been unemployed for a long time and are unlikely to get another job in the same or similar occupation.
- You were self-employed and are unemployed due to general economic conditions or a natural disaster.
You may also be considered a dislocated worker if you have been away from the labor force for many years. For example: you were a full-time homemaker and you must now return to the labor force because you have lost your source of income.
You must also meet the following additional requirements to qualify for a Coursera enrollment:
- Live in New York City
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have access to the internet
- Have access to a computer or smart device
What do I need?
A desktop computer, laptop, or tablet with internet access and a Microsoft Excel license is necessary to access training courses and practice skills. No prior experience in healthcare is required.
What will I learn?
- Everyday Excel, Part 1: Medical Billers must have a strong knowledge of Excel, which is used to track a healthcare center’s finances. In this course, you will learn basic Excel skills, including building and formatting Excel worksheets, implementing Excel functions (financial, logical, and text functions), managing data sets, and creating simple data visualizations like scatterplots and charts.
How long will this take?
This course is self-paced and can be completed in 24 hours.
What can I do after completing this course?
After completing the course, you are encouraged to sign up to be notified about a future Medical Billing Training cohort.
How do I apply?
Please complete the enrollment form below to receive access to the training courses.