Train: Construction Worker
What will I learn?
Pre-Apprenticeship programs offer a unique pathway to union career opportunities in the NYC Construction Trades. We partner with several organizations that have Direct Entry agreements with the unions so their graduates have special consideration when interviews open for new apprenticeship roles.
This full-time training will prepare you for an apprenticeship with a construction trade union. The program includes the following components:
- An overview of the construction field and unions
- Hands-on training in construction trades like carpentry, blueprint reading, electrical, and painting
- Math, including fractions, decimals, algebra, and geometry
- Safety training
- Professionalism and job readiness
What do I need?
In order to be eligible, program candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a New York City resident
- Be authorized to work in the United States
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalency (GED/HSED)
- Have eighth-grade reading and math comprehension or above
- Be interested in a career in the construction trades
- Be willing to commit to a multi-year paid apprenticeship program with a union (after the pre-apprenticeship)
- Be able to attend unpaid training during the day Monday through Friday (limited night class options)
How long will this take?
Four to seven weeks of full-time training during the day, Monday through Friday.
What can I do after completing this training?
Apply for a paid construction apprenticeship with a union in the construction field.
If you are interested in additional support with job placement, you can always contact a virtual Workforce1 Career Center.
How can I access this resource?
Complete the form below to be notified when applications open.